Company History



1929
1944
1967
1975
1993
2007

FOUNDING OF GLASSWORK IN BIALYSTOK

The choice of location of glassworks in Bialystok was caused by growing demand for glass packaging. Initially glasswork was producing glass packaging for liquor industry and for pharmacies. The production plant was built near the railway tracks. The access to railway was crucial thing for production plant because transport in those years was organized mainly by rail.

REBUILDING OF THE FACTORY AFTER THE II WORLD WAR

After the liberation of Bialystok the factory was rebuilt and production was continued. Wood-burning ovens were replaced by coal-fired ones. Company started production first glass chimneys for oil lamps.

CONSTRUCTION OF THE NEW PLANT FOR PRODUCTION GLASS SHADES FOR LIGHTING

Began construction of a new plant at Ks. A. Syczewskiego street, about 1 km away from the old plant, on the other side of the railway track. The newly built plant named „Bialystok” has started production of white opal glass.

INCREASE OF THE PRODUCTION VOLUME

Thanks to concentration on high-quality products, export sales increased. The factory has increased the production threefold. Glassworks in Białystok at that time was one of the biggest plants in this industry in country. At that time the glassworks employed about 1200 people.

PRIVATIZATION

In the year 1993 decided to privatize the glassworks. The company has gained three new co-owners: two Germans and one Italian. The new owners decided that the glassworks will continue specialization in lighting glass shades production, which production has started in the seventies.

THE LOCAL OWNER

The company was taken over by the local joint-stock company, who began the restructuring.
The employment was reduced and its efficiency increased. The new local owner subsidized the company and gradually modernized the machinery. The production of glass shades was increased and were gained new foreign customers. In that time over 75% production was exported among others to: Germany, Italy, Spain and United States. Nowadays the company continues to increase its production capabilities both qualitative as well as quantitative. Daily production it is even more than 2400 pieces of glass shades and the biggest achievable diameter of the glass shade is over 70 cm.